The mystery behind the Baltic Anomaly continues to deepen. While we wait for samples to be analyzed, it seems like a good time to look at some other exciting Baltic Anomaly-type expeditions coming up over the next year or so.
The Newmac Expedition (June 26, 2012)
The Newmac Expedition consists of five young explorers who plan to search the deepest jungles of the Republic of Congo for…you guessed it…a dinosaur! The expedition has raised almost $30,000 and hopes to discover the source of a mysterious mythological creature named the mokele-mbembe. For decades, eyewitnesses have reported sightings of this odd animal. While most scientists doubt it exists, some cryptozoologists think it could be a sauropod, which resembles a brontosaurus.
The Earhart Project (July 2, 2012)
On July 2, 1937, Amelia Earhart and her navigator Fred Noonan vanished while attempting a circumnavigational flight around the Earth. Their disappearance is one of the most famous mysteries of all time. For more than two decades, the International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR) has searched for them, focusing most of its efforts on tiny Gardner Island.
On July 2, 2012, the 75th anniversary of Amelia’s and Fred’s disappearances, TIGHAR will venture back to Gardner Island, hoping to once and for all solve this enduring mystery.
The North Pole Inner Earth Expedition (July 2013)
The Hollow Earth hypothesis proposes the Earth is, well, hollow. Once a fairly serious theory, it has lost almost all credibility in the eyes of mainstream science since the late 1700s.
However, a fervent band of believers still exists. Apparently, they are launching an expedition to the North Pole region in July 2013 to search for an entrance into the Earth’s interior.
“The science is real. The story is more than 5,000 years old. The legend says that at a certain place above the Arctic Circle, there exists an oceanic depression or an entrance into the Earth. It’s a place where the maritime legend claims sea level isn’t level anymore.”
“The discovery that the earth is hollow would forever shatter our long-held beliefs about how planets are formed. More importantly, however, discovering life beneath the earth’s crust could potentially provide us with new tools that would allow life on the surface to regain environmental balance, harmony, and possibly even peace. These prospects make the North Pole Inner Earth Expedition the greatest expedition in the history of the world.” ~ North Pole Inner Earth Expedition Web Site
Unfortunately, we’re a little skeptical of this trip. Scratch that. We’re very skeptical. This trip was scheduled to begin as early as 2009 (here’s a business plan to that effect). Also, we can’t help but notice that the trip is asking for massive donations to the effect of $350,000. So, this could very well be a hoax. But we’re holding out hope.
The Guerrilla Explorer Expedition (201?)
Once upon a time, the entire world thrilled to the exploits of arduous journeys into the unknown. Henry Morton Stanley’s search for Dr. David Livingstone. Sir Edmund Hillary’s venture to the highest peak of Mount Everest. The Race to the North Pole. The Moon Race.
But after generations of explorers and the rise of satellite technology, the world often feels small and lacking in mystery. Mankind has ventured to the four corners of the Earth, the deepest parts of the ocean, and into space. What could possibly be left to explore?
The Ocean X Team’s expedition to the Baltic Anomaly as well as the expeditions listed above hark back to some of those fascinating adventures from days gone by. The truth is there is so much out there still waiting to be discovered. Space remains virtually unexplored. And new discoveries are made everyday across the world. We here at Guerrilla Explorer do our best to showcase as many of them as possible.
We can’t make any official announcements yet. But we’re working on some expedition concepts of our own. So, stay tuned…exciting days are ahead!
Guerrilla Explorer’s Coverage of the Baltic Anomaly
- 1/30/12: A Lost Shipwreck…or a Lost UFO?
- 6/2/12: The Baltic Anomaly?
- 6/6/12: The Baltic Anomaly: UFO…or just a Hot Spring?
- 6/8/12: The Baltic Anomaly: A New Discovery?
- 6/12/12: The Baltic Anomaly: Is it a Hoax?
- 6/13/12: The Baltic Anomaly: Another “Great Lakes Hoax”?
- 6/14/12: The Baltic Anomaly: The Lost Updates?
- 6/15/12: The Baltic Anomaly: Answers at Last?
- 6/16/12: The Baltic Anomaly: Questions & Speculation?
- 6/17/12: The Baltic Anomaly: What is Going on Here?
- 6/18/12: The Baltic Anomaly: The Bigger Picture?
- 6/19/12: The Baltic Anomaly: Is it a Black Smoker?
- 6/20/12: The Baltic Anomaly: That Mysterious Pillar?
- 6/21/12: The Baltic Anomaly: The Nazi Connection?
- 6/22/12: The Baltic Anomaly: The Ocean X Team Speaks!
- 6/23/12: The Baltic Anomaly: What is the next “Anomaly”?
- 6/27/12: The Baltic Anomaly: Is it Natural…or Artificial?
- 6/28/12: Breaking News: Is the Baltic Anomaly an Elaborate Hoax?
- 7/2/12: The Baltic Anomaly: What is the Secret Wreck?
- 7/6/12: The Baltic Anomaly: The Original Ocean X Team?
- 7/16/12: The Baltic Anomaly: The Fire and Ice Theory?
Guerrilla Explorer’s Coverage of Amelia Earhart
- 7/3/11: Where is Amelia Earhart?
- 3/23/12: The Search for Amelia Earhart?
- 6/3/12: New Evidence for Amelia Earhart?
- 6/4/12: New Evidence for Amelia Earhart: Part II?
- 6/5/12: The Lost Photo of Amelia Earhart’s Plane?
- 6/23/12: The Baltic Anomaly: What is the next Anomaly?
- 7/3/12: The Search for Amelia Earhart Begins Today!
- 7/8/12: Amelia Earhart’s Lost Skeleton?
- 7/13/12: The Earhart Expedition: And so it Begins…
- 7/20/12: The Search for Amelia Earhart Nears an End